Why your business website must be on the first page of Google.
If you are not on the first page of Google for your target keywords, your website will receive few, if any, new visitors and potential clients who are searching for the services and or products that you are offering. For those in business, you should also know that 93% of all buying decisions start with an online search.
Over the last 20 years, people have switched from searching book directories such as phone books and Yellow Pages to Internet searches. Over the last five years, people have increasingly used their smart phones to find information whether it be for products to buy online, local service providers or education.
We live in the age of Information Technology. The speed at which information technology has come into our lives is awe-inspiring: –
1. 1980s Berners-Lee in UK invented the World Wide Web.
2. 1980s First Personal Computers
3. 1990s First Internet Browsers
4. 1990 Archie – First Search Engine followed by:-
a. Excite (1993)
b. Infoseek, Altavista, Yahoo Search, Lycos (1994)
5. 1996 Google – Larry Page and Sergei Brin were the first to include User Signals. They used backlinks from other websites in their positioning algorithm. The authority of websites and webpages depended on the number of links and their trustworthiness.
6. 2007 First smartphone unveiled by Steve Jobs of Apple.
7. 2015 Searches on smartphones overtook number on computers.
Google has become the most popular search engine with about 90% of the market (http://www.statista.com/statistics/216573/worldwide-market-share-of-search-engines/)
There are 100 Billion Searches per month on Google.
More than 90% of Google Search Traffic goes to webpages on the first results page (https://chitika.com/google-positioning-value): –